I’ve been eating my weight in raw vegetables recently thanks to homemade, 5 ingredient Sour Cream and Chive Dip. This 5 ingredient sour cream dip recipe comes together in about 30 seconds and is deliciously cool, creamy, and full of chive flavor. It is SO addicting!
Something I always get a kick out of is ex-Iowans commenting on a post where I show either a HyVee or AE Dairy product telling me how much they miss them. I guess “kick” isn’t the right word because I feel for them – I really do – but I just so get it. There’s no better grocery store then HyVee and AE Dairy is known for their legendary sour cream-based dips, including Chive Dip. The only problem is that the dips aren’t gluten-free.
Enter my copycat recipes! Like I said, this dip calls for just 5 ingredients, and is perfectly satisfying.
- Use a sour cream that you like all on its own. That might seem like a given but I tested this dip recipe using a sour cream brand I’m not familiar with and didn’t love the outcome. Surprise, surprise, I like AE sour cream the best.
- Refrigerate the dip for at least 12 hours before eating as the flavors really do need time to meld.
- Don’t limit your dipping to just vegetables and chips – I added a dollop into Cameron’s taco bowl after getting a little too spice-crazy with my taco seasoning blend and it was delicious! I imagine a spoonful of Sour Cream and Chive Dip added to a bowl of chili or paired with smoked salmon and capers would be DIVINE.
Like I said, just one direction needed to make this recipe: stir stuff together in a bowl then refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Said stuff includes 16oz sour cream (again, be sure to use a sour cream that you like all on its own,) 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives, the green ends of 2 green onions that have been chopped, 2 teaspoons onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Note: I think the real dip has way more salt then my recipe, so if you want more, add more. :)
Stir then refrigerate overnight, or longer, then serve with any and all vegetables or chips. I hope you love this EASY, creamy, totally delectable dip! Enjoy!
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
Sour Cream and Chive Dip
Sour Cream and Chive Dip is perfect for dunking into with chips and vegetables! Tastes just like store-bought but you control the ingredients. There's only 5!
- 16oz sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh chives
- green ends of 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl then refrigerate for AT LEAST 12 hours before serving with chips and/or crudite.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://buzzpur.info.