We’ve all given up the pretense that we’re wearing, like, actual pants at this point in the holiday season, right? Me and my tie front joggers are thoroughly enjoying our freedom by eating copious amounts of Christmas Crunch!
Say hello to the most addicting little treat to come out of my kitchen in ages. Christmas Crunch is a crispy, crunchy, salty, and perfectly sweet snack mix that Ben says I’m no longer allowed to make.
Translation: it does not get much better than this!
Christmas Crunch Snack Mix
Buttery puffcorn is paired with gluten free pretzels, peanuts, melted white chocolate, holiday M&M’s, and more sprinkles than you can shake a stick to create this gorgeous snack mix with the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
SO DANG DELICIOUS. I had to ship the first batch off to my in-laws’ house to get it out of my house. Literally hid the second batch from myself in the pantry (where Ben found it,) and the third batch is going straight to our neighbors and more family members. Oh my goodness, so yummy and takes like, 10 minutes to make.
Let’s do this!
How to Make Christmas Crunch
Start with a bag of puffcorn. At the time of this writing, 12/20, this brand is gluten free (and amazing!)
Measure out 8 cups puffcorn then add to an extremely large bowl with gluten free pretzels and peanuts. If you don’t have an XL bowl then divy the ingredients into two large bowls.
Next melt white chocolate chips with a thwack of coconut oil until smooth and melted. If you have a coconut allergy, or don’t have it in the house, vegetable oil is a great swap.
Pour the melted chocolate over the puffcorn mixture then use a spatula to fold until everything is evenly coated. Now comes the fun part! Spread the mixture onto parchment or wax paper, or a couple of silpats, then sprinkle on holiday M&Ms and sprinkles. This is the super fun, mad scientist part – add as little or as much as your heart desires!
Let the chocolate set then dig in! Like I said, Christmas Crunch is a great treat to deliver to friends and family. Scoop into treat bags or tins then share the holiday magic. I hope you love eating this spectacular Christmas treat – enjoy!
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
Christmas Crunch is irresistibly crunchy, sweet, and salty! This gluten free treat takes minutes to prepare, and even less time to devour.
- 8 cups gluten free puffcorn (I use Old Dutch brand)
- 2 cups gluten free pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups peanuts
- 12oz bag gluten free white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 11oz bag Holiday M&Ms
- gluten free holiday sprinkles
- Spread a couple sheets of parchment paper, wax paper, or two silpats on the countertop then set aside.
- Add puffcorn, pretzels, and peanuts to a very large bowl - if you don't have an XL bowl, use two large bowls - then set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl then microwave for 40 seconds and stir. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir. If chocolate chips aren't completely smooth, continue microwaving in 10 seconds increments, stirring between increments, until completely melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over puffcorn mixture then gently fold with a spatula until everything is evenly coated. Spread mixture out onto prepared surface then sprinkle with M&Ms (may not use whole bag) and press gently so they adhere to the warm chocolate. Add sprinkles then let cool completely. Transfer to treat bags or an airtight container.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://buzzpur.info.