Bake these sweet, pumpkin-spiced, 2-bite treats this Fall, or anytime!
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting are luscious, cakey cookie sandwiches — the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add pumpkin puree, sour cream, egg and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in three batches, being careful not to over mix.
- Drop 1 Tablespoon batter onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating the pan half way through. Let cookies cool for one minute on the cookie sheet then remove to a cooling rack.
- Pipe cinnamon cream cheese frosting between two cooled cookie halves and sandwich together.
- To make cream cheese frosting: cream 1/4 cup softened butter, 4oz cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Gradually mix in 2-3 cups powdered sugar until desired consistency of frosting is achieved.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://buzzpur.info.
Ben loathes pumpkin flavored desserts (I’ll never understand it) but the first time I made these I caught him popping multi whoopie pies when he thought I wasn’t looking…busted! Hope you enjoy too!